(George) Gogu Constantinescu – his name in the Fame Tabel next to Einstein, Edison, Kelvin, Graham Bell or Marie Curie
Born in Craiova, Romania – year 1881 – october 4th day – Past away Coniston Water, England, year 1965, december 11 th
He is one of the greatest inventors of the world, I know you the assistance,are already shocked, it’s difficult to say something,maybe I was the same amazed when I found out his name in the Fame Tabel next to Einstein, Edison, Kelvin, Graham Bell or Marie Curie.
His father born in 1844,influenced him, being a professor of mathematics and engineering science, specialized in mathematics at the Sorbonne University. Easily got the love for science even the fixed one till then, but he think about to the new pioneership to future wich was waiting to be discovered.
So every four months he get a patent for an invention, patents that reaching 317, about 130 they were unique and amazing for that time undiscovered yet until then.
His inventions patents were obtained in countries like: USA, Denmark, Switzerland, Austria, England, Germany, France and Romania, so there can be no doubt of favoring somehow his merits.
From 1907 to his first invention until the year of his death,1965 in his most prolific time, Constantinescu will average an invention patent per month.
The most important findings are;
– the asphalt, modern road rail vehicles
– the theory of sonicity; power transmission through liquids, solids and gases,
– device for firing synchronized bombers of World War I,
– the use of reinforced concrete sleepers straight bridge,
– railway motor wagon,
– the first automatic transmission cars and locomotives without clutch and Gear
– first glider in the world
– first sonic radiator
– several patents for improvements the diesel engines carburettors
– mechanical torque converter actuated by a pendulum,Constantinescu cannon sonic converter.
Most of his discoveries never could be public because were kept top secret by British ministery of defense ,and were about military technology,about plains and strategic weapons.
One of his teachers was Anghel Saligny,another great inventor of the world,about him we will write also in the following article, next time.
We try to publish to let you know some of the personalities, Great, Huge, Fabulous Romanian Inventors who changed the world.
(George) Gogu Constantinescu – his name in the Fame Tabel next to Einstein, Edison, Kelvin, Graham Bell or Marie Curie.