Peles Castle residence of the kings, Sinaia, Romania | Bucharest / the colors of the Autumn | Petrache Poenaru, the fountain pen inventor | Amber from Alunis Colti, Buzau county | Ski resorts in Romania: Sovata, Izvorul Muresului, Vartop, Toplita | Ski resorts & leisure resorts in the Romanian mountains | Blogs that we read and recommend | Taga cheese,Romanian Camembert | Romanian cuisine, Traditional recipes, Romanian food | Beautiful Lakes of Romania volcanic, glacial, periglacial, wind artificial lakes, karstic lakes, fluvial and marine morphological lakes, anthropic lakes, clasto-karstic lakes |

Neamt monastery, dedicated to “Rising of the Lord”, Neamt county, Romania

Neamt Monastery, dedicated to “Rising of the Lord”, Neamt county, Romania – celebrated 40 days after Easter

Neamt monastery, dedicated to "Rising of the Lord", Neamt county, Romania - celebrated 40 days after Easter

Neamt monastery, dedicated to “Rising of the Lord”, Neamt county, Romania – celebrated 40 days after Easter

Over time Neamt Monastery held torch of Orthodoxy in throughout Romanian countries and South-East European space. Since the formation of this monastic monks devote themselves to the art of writing and craft in ‘beautiful art’ specific only during that monastic life. Later, during the Holy Paisie translations appear, then in the nineteenth century to gain its large Lavra and print it. For many monasteries, Neamt Monastery was a symbol of inspiration as so beautiful says Grigorie Ilisei, calling it “Monastery of the Monasteries”.

 

Entering the monastery is made through the corridor bell, which has a solid wooden gate, dating from 1769. The monastery bell was built in three stages: the first stage, ground floor, from Alexander the Good / Alexandru cel Bun (1407); after 1540 the floor, and between 1819-1821 superior headspace bells.

 

It is worth mentioning that the bell tower was the chapel “Annunciation” / “Buna Vestire”, which was consolidated and is ready for painting, and at the facade of the exterior is an icon dedicated to the monastery “Rising of the Lord” worked in “Murrano mosaic” by the Archimandrite painter Florea Bartolomeu in 2001.

 

It is also worth mentioning that in the chapel of the Annunciation on the vertical wall, under the floor, there is a fresco painted icons monastery dedicated also the “Rising of the Lord” which is painted on the same period with the painting from the corridor bell. Those who painted the canopy, maybe in the Stephen de Great / Stefan cel Mare period, or just before, they were inspired by religious novel “Barlaam and Josaphat” / “Varlaam si Ioasaf” circulating in Moldova since the second half of the XIV century.

 

Gang bell is painted in fresco, and between 1998-1999 was purged the painting to be restored. The painting also represents scenes from the Old and New Testament. It is worthy to note the presence of a picture of Good faithful RulerStephen the Great/ Stefan cel Mare, it is represented king Josaphat, taking him in front of the righteous judgment-Christ.

 

On the southwest side floor of the enclosure is the library monastery that holds manuscripts and books both: Romanian and foreign languages, and a collection of religious objects, arranged in five rooms of the museum. Among the valuable pieces are distinguished: the iconostasis (sculpture and painting from the Seventeenth century) which belonged to the Neamt Fortress chapel, old printing press and other religious art objects. On the northwest side of the floor are the chapel “The Sleeping of the Mother of the Lord” / “Adormirea Maicii Domnului”, founded by Metropolitan “Veniamin Costache” that linked his name by Neamt Monastery building by the construction of a building – ground and first floor, as shown in the corridor chapel inscription: “These houses together”, with the library, chapel, rooms and cellars were made on the expense of Metropolitan Veniamin Costache, it was finished in August 15, 1809.

 

The iconostasis chapel was executed by the hierodeacon Claudie from Neamt Monastery, “well initiated into the art painting”, and the painting was made in 1994, as evidenced by the inscription:

“Was painted this chapel of the holy monastery dedicated to “The Sleeping of the Mother of the Lord” / “Adormirea Maicii Domnului” by diligently and all expense of Neamt Holy Monastery and by the hand of the painter Petre Botezatu in 1994, under the guidance of the Patriarch Daniel, Metropolitan of Moldavia and Bucovina, Abbot being Archimandrite Dr. Irineu Cheorbeja”.

Neamt monastery courtyard and church - Panoramic view

Neamt monastery courtyard and church – Panoramic view

North side joins the east side of the octagonal tower called the “First fruits” / “Pargul”, a true medieval fortification tower, built between 1743 – 1754 by the monk Nicholas / Nicolae. In the middle of the enclosure is the church of St. George / St. Gheorghe that was displaced on the east side of the body cells during restorations between years 1956-1961 to highlight the stephen / stefanian church.

 

In the southern side of the enclosure was the refectory of the monastery which was rebuilt during Olarie abbot in 1828, and in 1991 on the time of the abbot Archimandrite. Irineu Cheorbeja, and subsequently was consolidated in 2002, the flooring has been Pavements with marble.

 

Celebrating the 500th anniversary of the consecration of the church “Rising of the Lord” (1497-1997), with the blessing of His Eminence Daniel, Metropolitan of Moldavia and Bucovina, the entire property was restored and the roof was replaced with copper entirely covers area of ​​10,000 square meters.
website source information: http://neamt.mmb.ro/

Neamt Monastery, dedicated to “Rising of the Lord”, Neamt county, Romania – celebrated 40 days after Easter

GO2 Romania Team / Freelancer / office(at)go2-romania.com

Flag Counter