Romania country of my soul, places and info
Maybe it sounds a little bit strange: Romania the most beautiful country in the world, but with the right leaders, this country could become as the title says. Romania has all forms of relief: Mountains, wild sea side area, Black Sea beaches, plateaus, valleys, meadows, plains, also has rivers, marshes, has rivers and Danube delta, has mud volcanoes, glacial lakes or caves, underground icebergs. There is a large variety of plants and animals. In the mountains you can find bears, lynxes, squirrels, foxes, wolves, grouse. Referring to flora, here we can find a large variety of plants and flowers. According to wikipedia.org, if we talk only about the Orchids family, they are the most diverse and popular, containing over 30,000 species and 200,000 hybrids. This is the reason why Romania can be considered, as a whole, a huge botanical garden of orchids.
Do you know that ?
– in Romania there is the biggest underground iceberg in the world,120000 cubic meters ,placed in Alba County, Scarisoara Cave;
– the only merry cemetery in the world it’s in Maramures County, Romania;
– Romania is the country with the richest gold resources;
– in Bucharest is the biggest building in Europe, second in the world, but is unfinished yet;
– 1884 Timisoara was the first city in Europe illuminated by electric power;
– Anghel Saligny was the first architect in the world who designed the building at Braila and Galati of reinforced concrete silos for cereals ;
– Bucharest was the first city in the world illuminated with oil in 1858;
– the scientist Henri Coanda built the first jet in the world in 1910;
– in 1885, the Romanian doctor Victor Babes writes the first treaty of bacteriology in the world
– Romania it s the first country in the world with oil production recorded statistically 1857 ( the first oil extraction took place in 1840 );
– 1952 Ana Aslan founded the Geriatric Institute in Bucharest, the first in the world;
– Romanian game OINA inspired baseball in America;
– 1827 the Romanian academician Petrache Poenaru invented the reservoir pen;
– the only Gold Museum in Europe it’s in Brad, Romania;
– Romania has the biggest number of Brown Bear from Europe;
– the largest rock ( mountain )sculptured in Europe is in Romania, the statue (the head ) of Decebal, DACIA’s King
– The oldest metal furnace in the world was discovered in APUSENI Mountains , Campeni Village, ALBA County ,ROMANIA .It’s been attested about 6000 years B.C.